BAB
5
Indefinite pronoun (ndefinite pronouns) serves to replace specific
things into concepts general and not specific. Example:
want to live abroad in Italy.
3. I want to live abroad somewhere.
Dalam unit ini kita akan membahas
indefinite pronoun yang terbentuk dari kata some, any, no, dan every.
Some/any
Some and any can be combined with
"-thing" to indicate the object is not specified. Example
3. There’s something outside the door.
4. There isn’t anything in the box.
Some and any can be combined with
"-body" or "-one" to show people who are not specified.
There is a slight difference in meaning between "-body" and
"-one". Example
3. If you have a problem, someone/somebody will
help you.
4. Do you know anyone/anybody who can
help?
The combined nouns follow the same rules
as some and any, which some used in affirmative sentences, and any used in
negative sentences and questions. Example:
4. I need something from the
supermarket.
5. I don’t need anything from the
supermarket.
6. Do you need anything from the
supermarket?
No
No can be combined with various noun which
means the absence of something. Example:
7. “Did you find your wallet? No, there’s nothing here.”
8. “Did anything happen?” “No, nothing happened.”
9. This job is going nowhere. (maksud:
Tidak menjadi lebih baik.)
10. Nowhere is as good as here. (maksud: Aku suka disini
yang paling baik.)
11. Is
anybody here? No, there’s nobody here.
12. I
waited for an hour but nobody came.
Sometimes words with no- could have had
more emphasis than any words. Example:
3. I didn’t tell anyone what happened.
4. I told nobody what happened.
DEFINITIONS REFLEXIVE PRONOUN
Just like any other language, the English
language also has a wide variety of sentence structure, vocabulary, text type,
noun, and others to support a way to communicate with others. In this occasion,
we will discuss about Reflexive Pronoun.
Before we get to what the reflexive
pronoun, we must first understand what the pronoun which is a replacement of
the noun in the English language. However, whether it is a noun? Noun is a word
signifying a person, an object, or somewhere. Noun include things like your
name (Andi, Shinta, Budi, etc.), Our work (scientists, police, singers, etc.), Names
of animals (cats, elephants, tigers, etc.), Places (schools, offices , parks,
etc.), and many more. Pronoun is the replacement of the noun, with the function
to prevent the repetition of the noun
Contoh:
Debbie has already left for school. She
went there by bus.
.Reflexive pronoun dalam bahasa inggris
Penggunaan reflexive pronoun pada
kehidupan sehari-hari:
Ø Merefleksikan kembali objek
·
Ade is sleeping by herself.
·
Aji injured himself while playing
football.
Ø Menggantikan kata ‘alone’
·
She went to school by herself.
·
Joko is reading a book by himself.
Ø Saat subjek dan objek adalah hal yang sama
·
I am in love with myself.
·
We’re getting ourselves in danger.
Ø Menegaskan orang yang dicerminkan
·
I need to see the boss himself.
·
Why can’t you do your homework by
yourself?
EmoticonEmoticon